In Michigan, traffic crashes increased by 15% between 2020 and 2021, according to the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System (TCRS). With the rate of accidents increasing this much every year, your chances of being involved in an accident are also rising. If you are in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you should immediately reach out to a qualified legal team so they can review your case and help you get fair compensation.
The Mt. Clemens personal injury lawyers at The Lobb Law Firm work diligently for those who suffer damages due to another party’s fault. We handle all types of cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, premises liability claims, dog bite incidents, slip and fall accidents, and more.
Getting compensation may be possible if you’ve sustained an injury or other damages. You need competent legal assistance from a personal injury lawyer experienced in handling cases like yours. Contact The Lobb Law Firm at 248-591-4090 for a free initial personal injury case review.
Why Hiring an Mt. Clemens Personal Injury Attorney Makes a Difference
When you suffer injuries due to another person’s negligence, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the process of pursuing monetary recovery when you are focused on your medical treatment and recuperation. It can take months or even years to recover fully from serious injury; however, hiring a personal injury lawyer from the Detroit, MI area can help ensure you recover compensation for losses incurred due to the accident.
With The Lobb Law Firm on your side, you can expect our firm to;
- Determine the cause of your injury, gather evidence, and identify any party responsible for causing it.
- Review your legal options, including filing a claim against the other party or their insurance company.
- Discuss in detail what you can expect during your hearing.
- Obtain witness statements, medical records, and other evidence.
- File a legal claim on your behalf.
- Fight for maximum compensation for your injuries and other damages.
- Ensure that your interests are protected throughout the entire litigation process.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed by a third party, we may be able to assist you with pursuing financial compensation. Nothing is more frustrating than not being compensated for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering caused by an accident that was not your fault.
The team at The Lobb Law Firm is well-versed in personal injury law and has helped many accident victims over the years. We can give you sound advice and counsel about how best to proceed with a personal injury claim so that you can get justice and fair compensation for your injuries. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation for any personal injury cases.
Damages a Mt. Clemens Personal Injury Lawyer Can Pursue
Most people who get hurt in an accident may be able to seek compensation for their injuries which can include both economic and non-economical damages.
Economic damages include:
- Hospital bills and future medical expenses.
- Lost wages due to missed days at work.
- Loss of income stemming from lower capacity to earn money in the future.
- Cost of physical therapy and rehabilitation services.
- Property damage and other related costs.
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries.
- Emotional trauma stemming from the accident.
- Impairment of quality of life.
- Loss of consortium and companionship.
In wrongful death claims, families and loved ones can also obtain compensation for medical care, funeral expenses, emotional distress, and loss of income.
In addition to compensating clients for their actual damages, personal injury lawyers in Mt. Clemens also seek punitive damages when they believe a defendant acted intentionally and maliciously. Punitive damages aim to punish defendants and deter them from committing similar acts in the future.
Whether you need an experienced attorney to represent you through the court system or want to understand your rights as an accident victim, contact us today.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take?
The time it takes to go through the entire legal process depends on many factors. Your case will likely move through several stages before you ultimately receive a settlement offer. This includes the following:
- The police investigation into the accident.
- An initial meeting between your legal team and the opposing side’s lawyer.
- Discovery – gathering information and documents.
- A mediation session where both sides discuss potential settlements.
- Jury trial if there is no resolution during the mediation session.
Most personal injury cases are settled before trial. If you choose to go forward with the lawsuit instead of accepting a settlement, this usually involves hiring additional experts to analyze the evidence collected during discovery. The opposing side will then gather their expert witnesses to testify against yours. In the end, each side presents its final arguments to the jury.
If you don’t settle before the trial, it could take months or even years to see any results. During this long process, you’ll need to have an experienced personal injury lawyer fighting for you.
Contact Us Today for Help With Personal Injury Claims in Mt. Clemens
At The Lobb Law Firm, we’re committed to helping individuals recover the full amount of any financial losses sustained due to an injury or accident. We will only charge you a fee if we win your case. To schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys, call us now at 248-591-4090.