Personal Injury Lawyer – Detroit, MI
The year-end traffic crash statistics in Michigan for 2021 reveal that Wayne County had the highest number of crashes, crash injuries, and crash fatalities of all the counties in the state. With an alarming number of auto accidents resulting in serious injury or death, it is essential to know your rights and legal options. If you are involved in a crash, you need the best personal injury lawyer in Detroit.
At The Lobb Law Firm, we understand that a personal injury accident can be a traumatic and life-changing experience. We offer a unique service to our clients: a free, no-obligation case evaluation. During this consultation, one of our experienced Detroit personal injury lawyers will sit down with you, listen to your story, and give you an honest assessment of your case. We’ll explain your legal options and let you know what you can expect as we work to build a strong case on your behalf.
How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury cases are civil lawsuits filed against another person or entity, such as a business or government agency, that caused an injury due to their negligence.
Negligence is the failure to act with reasonable care, which results in harm or injury to another person. In order for someone to be liable for an injury, it must be proven that they failed to act with reasonable care and that their negligence caused harm.
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional act, you could recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Example scenarios that could result in a personal injury claim include:
- You are injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence, such as driving while intoxicated or running a stop sign.
- You slipped and fell on someone’s property due to a hazardous condition, such as a wet floor or uneven pavement.
- You were bitten by a dog because the owner failed to keep it under control.
- You were a pedestrian with severe injuries after being hit by a motor vehicle because the driver was texting.
At The Lobb Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers understand how important it is to secure the maximum compensation for the damages you have suffered. The personal injury claims process doesn’t have to be difficult. Our legal team will handle everything from start to finish, so you can focus on your recovery.
What Should I Do After a Personal Injury?
If you suffer a personal injury, it is important to take the following steps:
- Seek Medical Attention – Even if you don’t think your injury is serious, it is important to be seen by a medical professional to ensure that there are no underlying issues that need to be addressed. Keep any records of your medical expenses.
- Document the Incident – Take photos of the scene and any physical evidence, such as a damaged vehicle or broken product.
- Get Contact Information – Exchange contact information with any witnesses and the other party involved in the incident.
- Notify Your Insurance Company – Notify your insurance company of the incident and provide them with any documentation you have collected.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer – A lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
The dedicated team of Detroit personal injury attorneys at The Lobb Law Firm know how to properly investigate a case, build a strong legal strategy, and negotiate with insurance companies. We are also not afraid to take your case to court if need be. Call us today at 248-591-4090 to discuss your personal injury claim.
The Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
During a personal injury case, there are several steps that will take place before a resolution is reached.
Filing a complaint and serving the defendant – This is the first step in initiating a personal injury lawsuit, where the injury victims file a complaint and the defendants are served with legal paperwork outlining the allegations and claims.
Discovery and gathering evidence – Both parties gather and exchange information and evidence relevant to the case, such as witness statements, medical records, and expert opinions.
Negotiations and settlement offer – Before going to trial, the parties may engage in settlement negotiations to try and reach an agreement to resolve the case.
Trial and appeals – If a settlement agreement cannot be reached, the case goes to trial, and a jury or judge will make a decision on the case. If either party is not satisfied with the outcome, they may file an appeal.
Why Do Accident Victims Choose The Lobb Law Firm?
Decades of Experience – The Lobb Law Firm was founded over 45 years ago and we have successfully handled countless personal injury cases.
No Fee Until We Win – We work on a contingency basis, which means that you do not have to pay any fees until we win your case.
Millions in Settlements – We have a proven track record of winning millions of dollars in settlements for thousands of clients across Michigan.
Satisfied Clients – Our reputation for providing excellent service is evidenced by the numerous testimonials and referrals from our clients.
Injured in an Accident? Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Now!
When you are ready to pursue a personal injury case, contact the Detroit injury lawyers from The Lobb Law Firm by calling 248-591-4090 for a free case evaluation. We have the resources, knowledge, and skill to ensure that you get the best possible outcome!